Sunday, January 29, 2012

Kids art room

There is this weird unexplained room in our house, it's in between the kitchen and the garage. It looks as though it was designed to be the laundry room but there are no washer/dryer hook ups. We've lived in the house two years now and have been using this no name room as our pantry/utility room .... The room was ugly and always disorganized, at the same time the girls tinker bell table was becoming a bigger and bigger eye sore everyday sitting in our living room .... The light bulb went off and decided to make a change . :)
An art room....for all the girls supplies, a place they can play and also a place where I can close the door and not have to look at the mess ;)
I wish I had taken a before picture but like always I get too excited and blow past that step.

We replaced the floors with sticky tiles and added new baseboards, bought a bunch of baskets from the dollar store for organizing all the art supplies, painted a chalk board on the wall and added molding, found the rods and clips at ikea to display the girls art work, I also couldn't resist giving it a name so I painted that as well.

The girls LOVE their new room!!!

2 comments: